Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend Trip


This past weekend, while I was participating in a local scrapbooking event, James. Maddie and Josie took to the open road. On Friday night they travelled to Maryland to visit with Aunt Claudine. On Saturday morning they headed out to Reading, PA. We used to live in Reading. It was the home that I loved the most and a place where I was truly happy. Part of the reason why we all loved Reading was because we had great neighbors. Our neighbors right next door were Dr. Nick and Mrs. Barbara. Barb and I shared so many wonderful times - talking on our back deck and pulling weeds in our gardens. Barb and I shared many happy events in each others lives and she gave me some of the best parenting advice I've ever received. Both she and Dr. Nick hold a special place in our hearts.


So, it was truly a great day when Barb got to meet Josie. We haven't been up for a visit since before Josie joined our family. As is the case nowadays, we only get to share our joy via blog or email. Barb got to see first hand what a lovely, bright girl our Josie is. She also got to see what a beautiful young lady our Maddie is growing into. Maddie was thrilled to see Mrs. Barbara and Josie seemed to be equally enamoured! Alas, the visit was too short - Barb was headed off to visit her twin granddaughters and our clan was headed to a meeting with one of Maddie's friends at the Mall.

From Reading, the gang headed down to Philadelphia to visit with my sister Sue. Josie got to play with her cousin Liam, who she just adores, while Maddie and Zack caught up with each other. Josie had a great time playing with Uncle Greg's hat and getting to know Chauncy, their Airedale Terrier.

They stayed in Philly for a few hours and then hit the road again. They ended up back at Aunt Claudine's house in Maryland where they shared a nice dinner of Mexican food. I was thrilled to see them when they returned on Sunday. Both the girls were exhausted, so I guess James did a great job of keeping them occupied and interested. On Monday, both the girls awoke with colds so I guess there's always a price to be paid for having fun.

Both girls are on the mend and getting back to their daily routines. Which is great, because having two whining kids at home is not my idea of a good time ;-)

No comments: