Saturday, March 17, 2007

Symphony & Tea with My Irish Girls



Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated the Feast of St. Patrick by watching our Maddie perform with the Youth Symphony. Last year, the event was held at a smaller venue so there were 3 performances. This year, the hall used for the performance was huge, so only one. I did get video of the event, but it seemed like I chose the most simple parts to record. Once I turned off the camera all you could see was bows flying across strings. Oh well, have to work on my video timing. Yet another shortcoming to address!

Anyway, Maddie performed beautifully and, as always, we were/are so incredibly proud of her. We overheard a few complaints from other parents/attendees that the event was not as well organized as past years. Our experience is limited but we were thrilled to hear all the kids perform. I was a bit peeved when people walked in front of my video camera while I filmed my prodigy! Folks were returning from the buffet line during the performance, hence the whispered complaints...

This is Maddie's first full year with the symphony, having joined mid season last year. She will be auditioning for the higher group, Legato Orchestra, in late May.

On our way to the concert, we passed our little downtown St. Pat's celebration, complete with St. Pat himself, walking among the frozen revellers and blessing them for a safe journey home...!

Josie and Maddie were outfitted with their traditional St. Pat's Bling - "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" buttons, shamrock necklaces and, a special treat this year...flashing gel shamrock rings!!!! Josie's Kiss Me.. button caused a few long stares but no dumb questions from bystanders! Anyway, I'll end here because, for the first time in many, many months - I'm having dinner out with my husband. Alone. Just the Two of Us. Niccccceeee!!!

No comments: