Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Thoughtful Gardener



We have been having some wonderful, yet unseasonable weather the past few days. Yesterday, it was 83 degrees and sunny! Today it's warm again, but that will soon change. A cold front is supposed to push through this afternoon bringing with it thunderstorms and a 30 degree temperature drop. Over the weekend, the ever reliable weatherman is calling for snow showers. I wish Mother Nature would stop messin' with me!

Anyway, I decided to take advantage of this last warm day and do a bit of weed pulling, leaf raking and general clean-up around the yard. Josie was just adorable when I told her we were going to do our "gardening". She ran to get her shoes, ( which she is FOREVER taking off! ), her shovel and her pail. "Dig, Mom! Dig, Mom!" I couldn't get her out of the house fast enough!

Now, here is a girl that takes her work seriously. No messin' around for Josie! Stop and say 'cheese' for Mom? NO WAY! She was on a mission!

Josie successfully dug up a bucket full of dirt from one of the planters while I filled a bag with leaves, weeds and twigs. All the while, she was bossing me around... Mom, here! Dirt! C'mere! Spider! Bad Dogs! This is one funny little girl! I will leave you with a few more shots of Josie at work in the 'garden'. Enjoy!





No comments: