Sunday, March 4, 2007

What Are You Teaching That Kid?!


Josie awoke at 5:58 this morning. This is her usual wake-up time. Given that it was a weekend, James got up and went to get Josie from her room. He brought her back into our room for a little Sunday Morning cuddle with the folks.

After 10 minutes of kicking, nose pulling and general rowdiness, I decided to change litte Miss Jo Jo's diaper. Once the job was done, I laid back down. Our playtime deteriorated rapidly. Here's how it went:

I was reaching over to put her wet diaper on my nightstand, when I got one of those neck strains - the kind that feels like hot springs under your skin.

I yelped, "S**t!!
JOSIE: S**T!!
JAMES: WHAT?!

Silence, then a giggle from me. "Sorry"
JOSIE: "Sorry"
JAMES: "What kind of crap are you teaching this kid?"
JOSIE: "Crap!"

More giggling then:

JAMES: Oh well, there goes our Parents of Year award.

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

Very funny! I love this story.

Kim