Thursday, March 29, 2007

Maddie is 13 Years Old Today!!


My precious Maddie turns 13 today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. The photo above was taken when she was 8 weeks old. Even then, she had a ready smile and a sweet disposition. She has remained a lovely person. She is tender hearted and kind.

James attended an event on Capitol Hill last night, so I had the opportunity to have dinner alone with the girls. Maddie asked about the day she was born. After telling her about the weather that day and time she entered the world, I also told her that at the moment she was born, a lot of things became clear to me. Most importantly, that life wasn't about me anymore - it was about her. Providing for her, making sure she knew how to live a happy life, and making sure she had every opportunity in life that I could give her. I told her of the great love she had brought into my life, and how I still was SO proud to be her Mom.

This morning James went into work late so that he could wish her Happy Birthday and give her a special gift he had selected for her. It was a sterling silver necklace with her birthstone, aquamarine. She had 'free dress' today at school so she proudly wore it with her outfit. Josie and I drove her to school with a stop at Starbucks for her favorite drink - a non-fat hot chocolate! We'll celebrate with cake tonight at dinner.

Happy Birthday my precious girl! Dad, Josie and I love you beyond words!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie! I can't believe she is a full-fledged teenager now. It seems like just yesterday that you and my Mom were pushing her around Annapolis as a baby in a stroller with my Mom worrying about the Blus Angels' noise hurting her ears:) Congrats!
-Megan

Susan Stevenson said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie!

You're growing up into such a beautiful young woman. I know your family is SO PROUD of you!