Thursday, April 17, 2008

Springtime is Here



Finally, we can get our hands into some dirt !! Josie and I started our Spring planting today and we actually got quite a bit accomplished. Tomatoes for Dad, pretty flowers for Maddie and a beautiful painted flower pot for Mommy.



While Josie was painting the flower pot, she demanded that I get Grandmom on the phone... "Let's see if she likes the painting". Josie is still not connecting the dots on the fact that Grandmom can't see over the phone. Oh, well. I guess the intention is sweet enough. She talks about her grandparents (both maternal and paternal) everyday. We have photos of all of them at eye level for her in the family room and the 'fridge.

Here is the little darling concentrating on her artwork and gardening earlier today...













I hope all of you have as much fun digging in the dirt as we have !! Happy Spring!

5 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

She is so sweet.

Happy spring, Michelle

Lea

RamblingMother said...

What fun. Cute pics.

Susan Stevenson said...

I am so jealous (as I watch snow fall yet AGAIN out my window). I just wish that spring would come to AK. At least I know it will arrive quickly, when it decides to actually arrive! I will be starting my pansies inside soon, so they'll be ready to transplant in June after our threat of frost is over.

Your photos warm my soul. And beautiful Josie is really concentrating on making a beautiful painted pot. So adorable!

3 Peanuts said...

Josie looks si happy diggin in the dirt. Your blog looks GREAT!

Lissa said...

What a pretty shirt on such a gorgeous gal!