Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oooohf ! That's Gonna Leave a Mark...



On Tuesday, during her weekly tennis lesson, Maddie suffered an injury. Seems there were stray balls on the court. While Maddie was running backward to grab a shot, she stepped on one of the strays. Ankle 'POP' was heard by all as the blond beauty collapsed.

Three years ago I would have been panicking. But now, I have accepted the fact that my lovely daughter has inherited my weak, but large, ankles. Check out the swelling on the left:



Now she has 'cankles' just like her Mom!!!

Finally, here's a side view of the damage. And yes, the objects in the photo are larger in real life...Maddie is a size 10.5 shoe!



Maddie is doing fine. She was in pain for the past two days but she seems to have turned the corner. She's putting full weight on it today. She will play next week, but this time she won't neglect to wear her ankle brace!

2 comments:

Susan Stevenson said...

Oh my goodness - FLASHBACKS!

I seem to recall when Maddie's mom was on crutches and attempted to zip across Haldeman Ave (this was long before a traffic light was installed there), and fell off of her crutches into the middle of the street. I think we were all laughing to hard to get you up on your feet and crutches again. And that SNAP sound - UGH! I remember when your ankle broke during that football game. Weren't we playing on the nursing home grounds?

Heal quickly, Maddie!

(One more thing... I do remember my father affectionately referring to you as "ankles". He sure did love you, if you got a nickname out of him. *grin*)

OH MY #6 said...

Oh dear. So sorry.

Lea