Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Belated Christmas Gift



This is SoCo, my younger sister Claudine's baby. When I say 'baby', it is not an exaggeration or term of endearment - it is the truth. SoCo is the gentlest soul one could meet. If you sit down, she will come over, sit down next to you and use her nose to nudge your arm over to caress her. She is gentle with Josie - who is at eye level with her.

This summer, our whole family was distressed to learn that SoCo was diagnosed with heart failure. Claudine was beside herself with worry over SoCo's health. She found a canine cardiologist (yes, really) who was able to treat SoCo. Over the course of 6 months of treatment, SoCo has returned to near perfect health.

In the November issue of Rachel Ray's Magazine, in the section called "Make it Yours", I found a small feature on a company called Best Friends Studios. Rachel Ray had been given a pillow with a handmade design of her dog, Isaboo, on it made by BFS. I thought that a pillow of SoCo would make a great Christmas gift for Claudine. By the time I contacted MaryAnn at BFS, she was booked for Christmas delivery. However, mid January orders were being taken.

The process was easy and Mary Ann was an absolute delight to work with. She is a compassionate person who fully understands the connection that we 'dog lovers' have with our canine companions. Mary Ann kept in contact with any and all questions regarding design, so nothing was left to chance. I was thrilled when she sent me a photo of the finished applique. I just love it, and I hope Claudine does too! Here's one of the photos:


1 comment:

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my that is just beautiful.

Lea