Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!



On Sunday, September 30th, I celebrated my 45th birthday. Not as bad as one might think - I have much to be grateful for and I was thrilled to have a small celebration with family & friends. The cake pictured above was created by my talented daughter, Maddie and her friend, Monica. It was delicious!

I spent Friday night and all day Saturday at a scrapbooking weekend with my dear Marty - so that was part of my gift. James had the girls, including Monica, during that time and he made sure they were well entertained. On Sunday, we shared a wonderful lunch with Aunt Kim and cousins,Kate and Jack. Kate is also a September baby, so we usually share a cake. Monica's Mom, Elizabeth, also joined us for our delicious lunch of barbequed chicken & pork, ribs, corn on the cob and baked beans.

I was fortunate enough to receive birthday greetings from many friends and family. I thank you all for the warm wishes. Here are some more photos from the celebration:

Here's the two cake masters - Maddie & Monica


Monica and her Mom, Elizabeth:


Kim and Jack enjoying some cake:


My niece, Kate, who shares a September birthday:


Lovely Josie, enjoying chocolate (her favorite, just like Mom!):

No comments: