Sunday, June 17, 2007

Kate's First Communion



Our wonderful niece, Kate, made her First Communion yesterday! That's Kate and her Mom, Kim, pictured above. Kate looked just beautiful. First thing we asked Kate was "Did it taste funny?" She answered "Yes", with that look on her face that said 'How did you know?!' I remembered my First Communion when I was shocked at how the communion wafer tasted so flat and stuck to the roof of my mouth! Kate also drank wine from the chalice - which Grandmom had assured her would be grape juice - and it wasn't... it was real wine. So, Kate decided that wine is 'yuk'.

Here's Kate with her maternal and paternal grandparents: (in that order)





Kate made her First Communion with her best friend, Kate L. The girls have been best friends since they were in diapers!



Here are a few more photos from the party:







I have no photos of my brother Chalie with Kate, nor do I have a shot of Maddie with Kate. Maddie was busy being attacked by the younger girls at the party, who among other things, used Maddie as a palate for all the make-up they collectively owned! Chalie was enjoying the company of friends and family after a week of getting the house ready for company (it looked beautiful!) and sweating the details... It was a lovely evening. We are so proud of our Kate and thankful to Kim and Chalie for their hospitality.

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

I love Josie's dress. Kate is cute too!