Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Portraits



In mid-July, we had a portrait taken of all my parents grandkids. We had one done in 2001 when the kids were much younger. Since that time, Josie has been added to the gang. The kids hardly resemble that old photo... they've grown so much!

We hired a wonderful photographer, Kyle Hughes, who is based out of Ocean City, Maryland. My parents live just over the border in Delaware and Kyle met us at the State Park to take the portraits. Kyle was fantastic with the kids and he barred all parents from the shoot. A wise move... they obeyed his every command! Plus, once Josie saw all her cousins (whom she ADORES!) and her big sister playing in the sand, she gladly joined in. The resulting shots are nothing short of a miracle. We are so thankful that Kyle possessed the 'right stuff' to get such treasured shots of the kids.

(Knelling: Liam,10, Zack 15:
Seated: Jack, 8; Kate, 10; Maddie, 14; Josie, 3)




Each family had separate sibling shots taken, with Chaz & Kim getting an excellent family portrait done as well. I hope Kim will get them to me so I can share them here. So, here are the shots of the girls that I just HAD to have. (As an aside... there are no single shots of Maddie - we had her portraits taken when she was 7 and she will have separate ones done when she graduates high school.)
















And, my favorite one of Josie:

7 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! They're all gorgeous!

Donna

OH MY #6 said...

oh my these are just awesome!

lea
xo

Susan Stevenson said...

Very beautiful! I love the photos of Josie! Such a cutie! :)

3 Peanuts said...

Michele, They are all breathtaking! Dave told me you called. Thank you. I will be in touch. I have been sick and super crazy busy:)

Blogs by Danielle said...

These are all beuatiful!

missy said...

Hi, I found your blog via 3 peanuts.

Your family is lovely and your new portraits are absolutely breathtaking!!!

bbmomof2boys said...

Those pictures are just beautiful. He did a great job.

Hugs,
Carla