Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Has It REALLY Been TWO Years?!



Why, Yes it has! Two years ago today I became a mother to my second daughter, James became a father to His second daughter and (hardest of all!) Maddie became a big sister! If you have 9 minutes, revisit the moment we met Josie. At the very end of the video, I tell Maddie "Get a picture of her feet, she's a little dancer." And, that she turned out to be...she has not stopped dancing since that day two years ago.

We had no idea back then how much love this incredible child would bring into our lives. Here are a few of my favorite shots from that day, two years ago:









It's overwhelming to think about how much Josie has changed and how much we as a family have changed because of her. We are all happier, we all appreciate each other A LOT more, and none of us will ever forget that wonderous trip that brought us to Josie. Here she is today, the "I-don't-want-to-wear-my-pants-Mom, Take-me-to-swimming-class-Mom" beauty that we all love so very much!











Nothing special planned for today. James is out of town so it's just the girls and me. Maybe we'll treat ourselves to a cupcake or an ice cream later... But, for now, the celebration is just the joyful routine of being a family.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations on your second anniversary of meeting Josie! She is adorable! We also recently celebrated two years since meeting our daughter. In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago and in other ways it seems like a second ago...if that makes any sense!!

It was wonderful to read about your family day!

Kate

RamblingMother said...

Happy Second Anniversary. Cute family.

Beverly

OH MY #6 said...

OH my gosh, that was wonderful to watch. I have a big lump in my throat.

Lea

Susan Stevenson said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! She is just tooooo cute!

Susan said...

Stumbled on you from Loving Lydia.... We just had our two year anniversary on the 20th, too! Congratulations. Amazing how times flies!! She's beautiful.

Susan

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Anniversary!