Monday, July 30, 2007

At The Beach




On Monday, a day before my dreaded root canal, I met my Dad at my sister Claudine's house to drop off the girls. I was worried that if I was on painkillers that I wouldn't be able to properly care for Josie and that Maddie would be left to fend for herself. Mom & Dad were gracious enough to help out and take the girls to their place at the beach while I had my dental work done.

The dental work went fine, but it was a very long appointment. Two and a half hours of having your mouth open! YuK. Anyway, I did take the painkillers once I was finished on Tuesday. By Wednesday morning I only had a dull ache in my jaw so I decided to switch to Motrin. Thursday, I drove down to my parents place to get the girls. As luck would have it, my older sister, Sue was visiting Mom & Dad. I got to see my nephews for the first time since February! And yes, they both seemed to have grown another few inches since then!

Josie loves Zack & Liam. Maddie was thankful to have the company of both the boys given that they all enjoy boogie boarding and being in the ocean. On Friday, long time friends of Mom & Dad's - Pete and Donna - treated the kids to miniature golf and then Pop treated them to a few hours at Thunder Lagoon, the local waterpark. Needless to say, all the kids were happy and loved every minute they spent at their Grandparents house.

Maddie went home with Aunt Sue, Zack and Liam to spend a few days in Philadelphia. Josie & I drove home after dinner on Saturday and made the drive in record time. 3 hours - door to door!!! Excellent ride! Anyway, we're home now. Eating our shore tomatoes and sweet corn. I'll pick up Maddie in Philly on Thursday and I'll get to see Aunt Sue's new house! Enjoy the beach photos!

No comments: