Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Day



As mentioned in my previous post, between me, my Mom, Maddie and Josie, we were able to get a lot of the preparations for Thanksgiving dinner done in advance. I also must confess that I had very little to do with actually making dinner...My Mom did everything but steam the cauliflower. Gotta love having Mom around !!!

While Grandmom took charge in the kitchen, Maddie and Josie used their time constructing a gingerbread house from a kit I had purchased earlier in the week. (WARNING: Two year olds don't have the patience to wait while the icing turns into the cement that holds said house together ! )







At 5:30 we sat down to a wonderful dinner with my Mom & Dad; my sister Claudine; our friends Ed & Marty and their son, Matthew. My Mom had prepared mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, cauliflower in cheese sauce, turkey, stuffing, and cole slaw. We also were lucky enough to have some of Marty's famous broccoli salad. For dessert, we had pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and Mom's homemade apple crisp! YUM!



And finally, no holiday would be complete without a treat for our loving Jack Russell Terriers, Casey and Carson. As you can see in the photo below, they waited patiently for their turkey dinner...!!



Hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your girls are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing your Jack Russells. We lost a beloved Jack Russell Terrier in March. They are such wonderful dogs. It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Nathan's Mommy

Michele said...

Thanks Julie, and my most sincere condolences on the loss of your JRT. 'Beloved' is such an appropriate word. We're dog lovers through and through. The loss of a family pet is heartbreaking. Hope you have the 'energy' to welcome another into your home soon!

Michele