Thursday, May 7, 2009

Muffins With Mom



Just take a close look at the photo above... have you ever seen such a hilarious character study? Each of the children have such incredibly unique and lovable personality!

Today was Muffins with Mom Day at Josie's preschool. It was a fantastic event! All the Moms had name cards at their seats. I happily sat between 'Michael's Mom' and 'Megan's Mom'. The 3 & 4 year olds performed a number of songs about Moms and Love. Here is my Josie belting out a tune:



After the performance, the Moms had a chance to dance to two songs with the children. The students then served their Moms a delicious plate of strawberry shortcake. Josie even took my fork out of it's beautiful handmade daisy napkin ring and placed the napkin on my lap! And since no good deed goes unrewarded, the kids then stood in line again for their own serving of ice cream with chocolate syrup! Yummy!

Josie and her classmates made beautiful flower pots with cards attached - each signed in their own hand. Josie did such a great job writing her name - I'm sure I was the proudest Mom in the room! We finished off our lovely luncheon with each Mom being presented a beautiful red petunia plant and having a photo taken. I wish all my days were this fun-filled! I never tire of hugs, kisses, songs and dances....

1 comment:

Susan Stevenson said...

Awwww!!! What a wonderful blog entry to read! The children are so sweet - I want to give them all a big hug. I miss those days when my boys would bring me handmade cards and make such a big deal about Mother's Day. Cherish these moments - they are so fleeting. Happy Mother's Day, Michele.