Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter Formal and A Baby Shower



Our dreary winter weekend was brightened substantially by two wonderful events. On Saturday morning, my friend Sharon and I hosted a baby shower for two of our preschool Moms. Both Moms are having their third child - and both are due on April 10th! Patty will be having her third daughter and Rebecca will be having her second son. It was very easy to tell which presents belong to each of the girls, as we all color-coded our gifts with the traditional pink & blue.

The baby shower was, by far, the most wonderful event we've had in this house. As I have stated before, the preschool Moms are an incredible group. They are so relaxed, friendly, and talkative... our time together as a group always goes by quickly. As far as hosting went, that too was a joy. Sharon wrote the invitations, coordinated who would bring what dishes, and kept the RSVP list. All I had to do was make sure the house was clean, the dogs were locked away, and that we had extra champagne on hand. What could be easier?! Here's what the table looked like once everyone brought their dishes:





Here's Rebecca opening one present: a hand made set of baby booties and hat.


Here's Patty with a gift from Joseph's Mom, Patricia:


And, Here's both of the girls enjoying the bounty:


It really was a lovely morning with the ladies. As the last of the dishes was being cleared, James returned home with the girls. He had taken them out to "look" at car and ended up purchasing a BMW convertible!! This will be Maddie's car when she starts driving next year. Until then, her Dad will road-test it! (But, more on that in the next post...) I finished the clean-up with the help of Sharon and Jamie - and hightailed it with Maddie to the hair salon. She was getting primped for her first High School formal - the Winter Formal.

Maddie's friend, Alex, arrived around 5 and then I took the girls to another friend's house. The girls were joining a larger group for dinner before the dance. Maddie looked just lovely in the dress that her Grandmom selected for her:

(Maddie on the left, Alex on the right)


And, of course, no photo session is complete without Josie getting in on the act! So, here's Josie with the girls before their departure:


It was a wonderful, stress-free Saturday. I wish all days would go so smoothly and be so enjoyable!

2 comments:

Susan Stevenson said...

What a beautiful dress! Maddie is gorgeous! I hope she had a grand time at the formal.

Baby showers always make me feel so old. Hard to believe I had my oldest nearly 30 years ago!

sharonkenney said...

WOW... what a wonderful party and a great time had by all.... I think everyone had a wonderful time and everyone enjoyed themselves. I know I did and that's all the matters. hee hee..just teasing....

Rebecca and Patty seemed to really enjoy themselves and loved everything.

I am so greatful for everyone's help with bringing food/drinks and the other items...

And most of you coffee friend.... Thank so much for hosting it and for providing all the goodies. You out did yourself..

I am so blessed to have such wonderful new mommie friends and I am so happy that we all are in this journey together called motherhood... with preschoolers... hee hee...

Thanks again for being such a wonderful friend to me and my family.

Happy March.. 2009